Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ohhh New york! New york!

My next adventure would bring me all the way to New york, New york! I had been looking into what had been going on at WD-50 for a while. I became really interested in the works of Wylie Dufresne and Alex Stupak.

I came in early to work one morning and found Omar sitting in the lab on his laptop. I very quietly asked if i may speak with him. He responded with a "of course, whats goin' on"? I spoke with him about how I had been looking into a stage at WD-50, he immediately stopped me and told me to go get him the phone. I did so, and he dialed up Wylie and basically planned out my time in new york. I was thrilled!

To be completely honest i didn't think it'd be that easy, and with the wonderfully talented Amy returning back to the CIA i would have a place to stay. A short month later I was off to New york! My time there held all kinds of fun such as Eatily, Daniel, Bouchon bakery, a tour of the CIA and a dinner at WD-50.


Wylie, myself, and Alex

I had the pleasure of working on Pastry under chef Alex Stupak, for five days:










Chef Alex's station


Pastry kitchen


Main kitchen


Halloween family meal!




The bars ice molds

No comments:

Post a Comment