Saturday, January 29, 2011

June charity dinner 2010

I was recommended for a charity dinner in June. The item auctioned off? Well, it was me, i was to cook a meal for 8. Not a problem. I would have one day before if we planned for a Monday, and not even skip a beat at Moto. I was shocked to hear that the event actually raised over 5000 dollars. I wanted to do food that they would relate to; something they love but still give them a completely new experience.

I asked Amy Fujinaka and my younger brother to be a part of my team. Amy not only helped me prep every step of the way, but she served, chose the wine, as well as presented and poured for every course. So after speaking with the guests and a few folks at the Shelter, here was the menu we presented:

Dinner for 8


7 courses:


Amuse, refresh Start


White chocolate Sous-vide lobster, White chocolate fat fried twinkies filled with thai spicy coconut, frisse hearts, chervil and macadamia nut "icing"



Smoking corn soup, buttered corn, charred baby corn, dried corn sponge, freeze dried and powered corn, micro cilantro leafs, rendered chorizo, chorizo "coated" gnocchi, charred red pepper puree + nitroed string




Scallop pancetta ravioli, sweet crisp Pancetta, tarragon, parsley chips, preserved lemon needles, smoked celery root puree, hazel nut "dust", rehydrated black tea currants


Intermission: Honeydew esspuma, tarragon, CO2 peaches, crushed fizzy


braised ox tail, Mitake mushrooms, carrot puree, blackberry pearls, micro peppercress, merlot syrup bubbles


Warm doughnut bread pudding, agar ball imprinted butterscotch panna cotta, coffee / Kuhlua elements , nutella


Lime CO2 whip, caramelized coconut gelato center, nitro dipped freeze dried pine apple, toasted and chewy coconut


coffee / tea



I was so thankful for both of there help! I could not have done it without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment